RSS, WHAT IS IT?

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS is a feed so people who subscribe to your content can be told when there is new content added to your site. This is a good tool to have for publishers when update there content frequently. The follow gadget on your blog is an RSS feed. When you follow a blog site, and when the site is updated with a new post, it will show up in a reader you have, and on your dashboard under sites you follow.
You can also add an RSS feed to your site for content related to yours. You do this by adding the gadget, RSS feed.
There are many different forms of RSS feeds. The find us on Facebook gadget on this blog is an RSS feed. When I update my Facebook page it will show in the widget on my blog site.
This is a basic description of what RSS is, so if you have any questions on how to add an RSS feed to your site, ask. I will do the best I can to answer you, and explain it as easy as possible

1 comment:

  1. Nice informative article Joe. I have my FB linked to my blog and you're right it works great.
    What I want to know is much. lol
    I want to add a link on my bar at the top of the page for doing Ebooks, but don't know how to do it. I have one for listed by author and listed by narrator. I want to add more.
    Let me know when you do an article on this.
    Thanks
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete